Monday, June 21, 2010

Girls Sleeping in Same Room

Normally, Alora and Arionna have separate rooms. This is VERY good because they have totally different likes in their sleeping environment. Alora likes it pretty dark (just has her door open so the light in the hallway shines in a little). Arionna likes it daylight. My mom always jokes that the planes landing at the local airport are going to think it is the landing strip.

This weekend we had a full house. My parents were down for the weekend. They normally sleep in the basement, but this weekend my nephew and his two friends were also here. So, the boys got the basement and my parents got Alora's bedroom.

The first issue we had was (of course) with the lights. We compromised. We turned off the big lamp next to the bed and the flower lights on the wall .
SMILA BLOMMA Wall lamp light pink Depth: 3 " Diameter: 13 " Cord length: 8 ' 2 "  Depth: 7.5 cm Diameter: 34 cm Cord length: 2.5 m
I moved her blue light from across the room to right next to her bed. Alora felt the light coming in from the hallway was still too bright, so we closed the door to a crack. Lighting issue solved.

Later, I hear the calls of, "Mom, mom, MOM!!" Arionna wanted me to "rewind" her CD. She always listens to the same CD each night. Alora wanted a local radio station. Since Arionna had listened to the entire CD once, I put on the radio station for Alora. Arionna was sobbing that she wouldn't be able to get to sleep without "her" music. I told her we would wait 10 minutes and if she was not able get to sleep I would switch it back to her CD. I came downstairs all proud of myself because Arionna can't tell time. It was going to be a REALLY long 10 minutes...like until the next morning.

When I went up to bed I hear Arionna, "Has it been 10 minutes?" Drats! I switched on the Cd and went to bed.

Next time, I think I will have Arionna sleep on Kaylee's floor and give the parents Arionna's room. At least Kaylee and Arionna both like it daylight when they sleep!

2 comments: