Saturday, June 12, 2010

Welcome!

I have thought of blogging for awhile, but just couldn't figure out a "theme." Tonight, while eating dinner out with my family, I figured it out! When my girls (6, 10, 15) do something that drives me crazy or just makes NO sense, I tell my husband that I am "twitching." With all that went with dinner, there was a lot of twitching going on...and the blog was born!

So, what happened at dinner? This is going to be a mini-series.
Part I
Alora (10) looked at the kids menu and said she wanted to "try" a grilled cheese sandwich. This is a child who does not LIKE melted cheese. Besides, paying for food at a restaurant is not a good time for a child to "try" a new food. At home where I have Kraft singles and a loaf of bread? SURE! Paying $4.99 to "try" it? No.
Alora then got the forlorn look on her face that many girls here age seem to wear. Being good parents, we inquired about her misery. The restaurant only had spaghetti and we had eaten spaghetti the night before (actually it had been her night to cook, so she is the one who made the spaghetti). Chance and I looked at each other and I said, "But you are the one who suggested eating here?!"
Alora responds with, "But I forgot what they have here."
The restaurant: The Old Spaghetti Factory
twitch, twitch

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wide world of blogging! "I forgot what they have here" That is too funny... That's one of those where you want to ask, "did someone drop you on your head as a small child?" LOL Hope she ate whatever it was she ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm a twitcher, too!

    ReplyDelete