Tuesday, June 15, 2010

OSF Part IV

Ok, so we have now all ordered. Alora ended up choosing her typical: Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mizithera Cheese.

Fast forward to our orders being delivered. The waiter says, "Italian Meatloaf?" This goes to my eldest, Kaylee. I was rather surprised when she orders this, because she is not a huge fan of meatloaf. She will eat it, but it is not something she would request.

She looks at her plate and states, "This isn't exactly what I was expecting."

Me: "What did you think it was?"

Kaylee: "Spaghetti and Meatballs."

??????????

Lesson: When the menu states: MEATLOAF ITALIAN STYLE
Homemade meatloaf prepared with ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese topped with marinara sauce and grilled mushrooms. Accompanied by spaghetti with Brown Butter and Mizithra cheese.

It, indeed, means MEATLOAF!

Kaylee: "But the description on the menu made it sound like meatballs."

Yes, being the good parent I am, I looked up the menu online and showed my 15 year-old the description. Yep, sounds like meatballs to me. WAY more than the description of the dish: Sicilian MEATBALLS.

The waitress must have thought we were lunatics. We were laughing hysterically each time she walked past.

2 comments:

  1. Other reasons that may cause me to twitch: shiny objects, over-excitement, pirates

    things that cause me to twitch because I am afraid of them: needles (vaccinations, etc.) and the life-size cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen who lives in our school library and stares at me like he wants to tear me to pieces and steal my spleen

    ReplyDelete